Apple released ARKit SDK a few months ago and a number of things it can do are tremendous. You need to basically have developers account worth of $99 per year which gives you access to iOS, macOS, Xcode and tool releases before it released to the public. Here are Steps on installing ARKit and start creating AR based app before even its released to the public.
- Install iOS 11 Beta, macOS High Sierra 10.13 beta 6 and Xcode 9 beta from your developers account and going to the downloads section.
- Create a new Augmented Reality Project
Once you have installed all the prerequisites, we can create a new Augmented Reality project from Xcode.
- The project opens up options window where you provide the project name and the important thing to note is to select SceneKit in the content technology
- Save the project to a location you wish and voila your project is ready to create a cool Augment Reality application
- You can now build and run this application to see a default object (ship.scn) being loaded into your camera view.
I will be creating a sample ARKit application soon. Please stay tuned.